Verification code is required for some operations, such as (but not limited to) user account activation, user account password reset, user account change email, device sharing invitation, and analytic sharing invitation. The verification code a.k vcode will be generated automatically while you are making the associate request.
When you made a request mentioned above, then the recipient will receive an email containing a string of code.
The pattern of the code string will look like this:
The pattern explained below:
- C is a single character, representing what kind of request it is. Described as follow:
- Account activation, will be represented by character ‘R’.
- Account password reset, will be represented by character ‘P’.
- Account email change, will be represented by character ‘E’.
- Device sharing invitation, will be represented by character ‘D’.
- Analytic sharing invitation, will be represented by character ‘A’.
- XX is 2 characters of language code. E.g. ‘EN’ for English, ‘ID’ for Bahasa Indonesia.
- YYYYYY is the vcode itself. Consist of 6 alphanumeric characters.
- Z+ is unsigned integer, representing the associated user id (account activation, password reset, email change), or device id that is currently being shared, or analytic id that is currently being shared.
An example of complete of string of code:
A user password request may have a string of code:PENBRDR3X893
Which ‘P’ indicate it is a user password request, EN indicate it expects response in English, ‘BRDR3X’ represents the vcode, and 893 represents the associated user id.
QR Code Generator
You can get the image of QR code which generated by the request above by making a GET request to the address with example as follow:
- https://iot.samelement.com/qrc/ is the host and path.
- PENBRDR3X893 is the string of code with vcode generated by the request.
- 13 is the block size in pixel. You can make an experimental request with different pixel to suit in your template.
- d8f1ff is the back color of the image. You can make an experimental request with different color as you wish.
- .png is the file extension you wish to use. Currently support for PNG (.png) or SVG (.svg)
Last Update: April 15, 2019