The configuration page in you developer dashboard allow you to make some configuration on your account, which will described as follow:
- In setting, you may adjust your device and/or app inclusiveness to suit your need and business model. For more detail explanation about the Open / Closed device and app, please refer to Understanding Open / Closed App and Device.
- Logging configuration:
- Allow Logging. If you allow logging, then it means all devices in your account may store its log into the database by default. Unless for devices that configured individually in the device page.
- Default Log Limit for New Device. This number will be assigned as log limit for any newly registered device in the platform. You are freely to adjust later individually in the device page. Zero (0) means unlimited. When enabling device log, consider with your global log limit according to your account type. You may get charged for additional exceeding logs.
- Keep Log for Each Device for n Days. This number will let the platform to automatically delete logs after n days, hence maintain your total log to not growing unexpectedly.
White Label Service
You may fill your company information in this section. To get White Label Service running well in your account, there some requirements as follow:
- You must have at least 1 your own application, whether an Android app, IoS app, or another app, such as web based application or desktop application.
- Your own company domain name and email address, and you must have access to the DNS provider. There will be a domain verification ownership to make sure you own the domain.
- Complete and update the White Label Service form.
This White Label Service information will only take effect only if your account provide you with White Label Service. Only if you have access to the service, finish up the requirements and fill up the form, then you may send us a request. It may take us about 24 hours to review and let your White Label Service to run.
Last Update: April 15, 2019